Hello friends, I hope you all have been enjoying our dream discussion series! Recently we have been talking about how to control your dream content, and one way I started to show you how to do that is through the use of hypnagogic and hypnapompic dreams. This can be extremely helpful to those of you wanting to work more on your dreams. Today we are going to look at lucid dreams, and this will take you further on your discovery of your dream land. So let’s get to it!
What is a lucid dream? Before you learn how to activate them, you surely want to learn how to control them. A lucid dream is a dream where you feel lucid. Lucid is just another word for being awake, feeling awake, and feeling clear headed. For example, after four or five glasses of wine at the company picnic, you might not feel very lucid. And when you are sleeping, you aren’t aware of anything, so you definitely are NOT lucid. But a lucid dream on the other hand is where you ARE dreaming, but you FEEL lucid. You feel like you are awake, and like you are watching the whole show from your pillow. This is why people like them, because a lucid dream is one that you can actually try to control. And who wouldn’t want to create their own dream content?
Vacation in the Bahamas anyone? A reunion with your twin flame? A peek into your past lives? All of these things you can do in your lucid dreams. So you want to learn how to engage in this activity. Here’s how!
1. Prepare your evening ritual like you would any other night. Get ready for bed!
2. Set your alarm for approximately 2-3 hours from when you are going to bed.
3. Before you put your head down for the night, say a prayer, or do a very small meditation and union with your angels and guides or whoever you speak to and let them know you will be watching your dreams tonight, that you would like a lucid dream.
4. Write this same affirmation down in the dream journal you should all have by your bed by now : )
5. Go to sleep!
6. When your alarm goes off, only wake up for enough time to rest your alarm for the morning again, and then go back to sleep.
7. With practice, you will start to lucid dream using these methods.
And that’s it folks! The key takeaway from this process is that you will need practice for this, this will not happen overnight. You might get very lucky, and this might happen, but this does not happen to everyone. Keep practicing, keep the faith, and soon you too will be remembering and writing down all of those lucid dreams.